straightening Session
It had accepted a long journey from being shoved off in a Boys Barber
Shop to being treated with overpriced spas in Lakme…From being bent,
rolled, curled with Hair stylers to never being combed for
days together… From Hair grown, Hair fall, Hair loss…and now to Hair
Gone!!! A long journey indeed.....
At three, I could hardly wash my hands clean…But I knew too well to
roll the drier like a beauty queen.
After so much of struggle in becoming a self-taught hair stylist… when My cruel Granny and My Brutal Daddy
would drag me by my arms to a barber’s shop and chop …Sorry.. I mean My Hair…But they are equivalent though :).. .. and that was when My Mummy had gone away to do her Masters…
School passed away…studies took over style and physics over fashion…
College started. College finished . I went unnoticed. The waves had
given way to noodles then and four years slipped away intertwined in
them.
shampoo would seem utterly expensive after all the Cost Benefit Analysis…!!
One Day The Bird woke. The Nest Broke.
I guess the best part of my life had started. I enjoyed being a Student..not just with wisdom but with wits as well.
I realized why so many people in India beg—Salary flows but Charity Overflows!! Gosh!!!
And they did!! The discount tempted me to ultimately do it….I Straightened my hair!!
For the first time what was on my head exponentially enhanced what was in it as well. Confidence,Cognizance and Compliments!!!
Aaahh Life was a bliss!
Months passed.
Split ends cried for a long waited hair cut…
my head covered in my jackets hood.
No comments:
Post a Comment