Tuesday, 22 December 2015

my Bday Girl..............!!!! *****

Time flies fast while you decide whether to fly along or stay back watching its flight. I flew until my wings were wrapped in ‘circumstances’. I stayed back until I could break open times’s prison and fly free. All way long I had wished. I have a younger sister -my alter ego, my mirror. She would think like I think, Speak like I speak. But she wouldn’t speak what I speak. Her words would be like whispers stolen from the storm, an oasis from the desert, a tear from the stubborn soul, a balm for the bleeding bruises, a smile from the weeping bride… 








I would invest all my emotions, energy and efficiency on her. Sometimes, even getting berserk not being able to figure out why she lagged behind others, despite her potential. And at others, I would get overjoyed and mad with pride over her little accomplishments, over the compliments that people gave her


      

I would tell her all my secrets, until they were no more secrets- unlocking the huge chest of guilt locked up in my chest. I would share with her my life’s experiences. I would tell them in stories- sometimes true, sometimes made up.
She would be so curiously confused, constantly pestering me.


 
She is obsessed  with the glamour she sees in the world, running after fans and followers, popularity and pals. “Likes” and “Comments” have begun to shape her opinion about herself.  I had her promise me, to hon-our just one opinion in life- that of Conscience. But even conscience seems conditional these times!


My thoughts can no longer accommodate her ‘big ideas’.
Her large frames seem incomplete with my tiny paintings of her… Hence, I resist sharing my thoughts with her. I hide away my purple diary so that I donot disturb  with my superfluous advises, terrible thoughts… I no more pen down.


I had held her hand, not letting her to walk on her own. I have to stop before I cripple her by choice, by obsession. I have to stop being a possessive, zealous and hyper  

My Thoughts have departed. I wait to depart someday.

How big have you grown girl! How well, how wise have you evolved!!
Here again, Happy birthday from the proud sister of the lovely..love to have u .....





 

No comments: