certain things had decided to fall into place and certain things decided
to make me fall…a certain some decided to give me a tough fight…and a
certain some gave me their indifference…
d rain and the drops first time ever and it had made me feel its soggy presence…with all the muddy thoughts and murky moments breaking into my never easy mind… wet emotions hanging onto my eyelids…all too heavy to stay and all to shy to dribble down…
I had firmed up my dream and had prepared myself to live it…believe it…
But then i feel…
…Good byes are not forever… & Good byes are not the end… They simply mean… I will miss you… Until we meet again…
So I shook off the droplets and prepared myself to say good bye..
It had been quite a while that we had shared a meal together..certain things had taken their toll on us…a lot of cob webs had grown in…making us see each other….but then somehow be far apart…
We might have forgotten to share a hearty laugh…but we never forgot to share the moments that made our hearts moan… And may be that was something which kept us together… always running parallel to each other like railway tracks…
All the possible things under the sun were discussed..perhaps all the possible things under the moon…or the sky or the clouds..ooorrrr Whatever!!..
But it still wasn’t the end…
It was raining… she wanted to get wet…and me too…
As we set out splashing in the apartment compound…
Just a glance at each other..and we knew an Umbrella walk would be the best walk ever!!..
She had two umbrellas…we got them..and set out undeterred by the rain….
As the rain poured on..the conversation poured in tooo… 22/12/’12... her birthday…and we set out chalking up plans that required all God’s mercy to materialize…. But sometimes its just so reveling to put up picture-perfect promises…cook up castles in air…even when you know..
But sometimes just being promised of peace and hope ushers in so much solace…that even fulfilled promises find hard to…
And all I knew was that..she knew...
and of course a Nokia with a 3.2 Mega pixel camera….. What on earth could stop girls from launching a full fledged photo shoot!!!
We took pictures of each other…less being captured in the cell and more of it into our hearts….
We had had our shares of ups and downs…but may be that what gave us the eyes to see through each other..when I was down with darkness all around …I knew I could look up to her and when I would bask in the glory of my accomplished dream…I would know…deep down somewhere she would be happy for me…
fighting their way through the Umbrellas…my feet were puffy and cold….but I didn’t feel wet…
Rather the drizzle had a soothing effect on me…As if it had cleansed me…from the fears that i had clung on to…washed me off from the notions that had been docked in my heart for an year now….
those days when I would soil my white sport shoes jumping into rain filled rivulets running along the road…making yucky faces at the earthworms…..Coming home and promptly lying to Mommy about how there was no space on the road to walk without being wet!!
I let go of myself in the rain…
Jut having said so… felt indescribably great….we had lost sense of time….
At 10:00 we put an end to our Umbrella walk… under the sky !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
d rain and the drops first time ever and it had made me feel its soggy presence…with all the muddy thoughts and murky moments breaking into my never easy mind… wet emotions hanging onto my eyelids…all too heavy to stay and all to shy to dribble down…
I had firmed up my dream and had prepared myself to live it…believe it…
But then i feel…
…Good byes are not forever… & Good byes are not the end… They simply mean… I will miss you… Until we meet again…
So I shook off the droplets and prepared myself to say good bye..
It had been quite a while that we had shared a meal together..certain things had taken their toll on us…a lot of cob webs had grown in…making us see each other….but then somehow be far apart…
We might have forgotten to share a hearty laugh…but we never forgot to share the moments that made our hearts moan… And may be that was something which kept us together… always running parallel to each other like railway tracks…
All the possible things under the sun were discussed..perhaps all the possible things under the moon…or the sky or the clouds..ooorrrr Whatever!!..
But it still wasn’t the end…
It was raining… she wanted to get wet…and me too…
As we set out splashing in the apartment compound…
Just a glance at each other..and we knew an Umbrella walk would be the best walk ever!!..
She had two umbrellas…we got them..and set out undeterred by the rain….
As the rain poured on..the conversation poured in tooo… 22/12/’12... her birthday…and we set out chalking up plans that required all God’s mercy to materialize…. But sometimes its just so reveling to put up picture-perfect promises…cook up castles in air…even when you know..
But sometimes just being promised of peace and hope ushers in so much solace…that even fulfilled promises find hard to…
And all I knew was that..she knew...
and of course a Nokia with a 3.2 Mega pixel camera….. What on earth could stop girls from launching a full fledged photo shoot!!!
We took pictures of each other…less being captured in the cell and more of it into our hearts….
We had had our shares of ups and downs…but may be that what gave us the eyes to see through each other..when I was down with darkness all around …I knew I could look up to her and when I would bask in the glory of my accomplished dream…I would know…deep down somewhere she would be happy for me…
fighting their way through the Umbrellas…my feet were puffy and cold….but I didn’t feel wet…
Rather the drizzle had a soothing effect on me…As if it had cleansed me…from the fears that i had clung on to…washed me off from the notions that had been docked in my heart for an year now….
those days when I would soil my white sport shoes jumping into rain filled rivulets running along the road…making yucky faces at the earthworms…..Coming home and promptly lying to Mommy about how there was no space on the road to walk without being wet!!
I let go of myself in the rain…
Jut having said so… felt indescribably great….we had lost sense of time….
At 10:00 we put an end to our Umbrella walk… under the sky !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment