Since you left me .........
sometimes feel very lonely. I’ve even thought that I suffer from
depression. Alas, my loneliness doesn’t last very long and neither do
the feelings of doom and gloom. Usually, I am back to my chipper and
ambitious self in 24 hours.
Just last night, I felt incredibly lonely
I broke down. I cried as if a piece of me was missing. I felt a void. I knew I had to lift myself out of that state.
I took a shower and released my loneliness with ugly tears. When dry
and more at ease, I sought inspiration. Whether it’s in a book, writing
in my journal, or speaking to a friend, I also need words of
encouragement to get me out of a funk.
I shoveled what little food I could eat into my mouth, crawled into her
bed and slept the entire day. Weeks later, I rapid cycled into a fit of
mania and engaged in self-destructive behavior. We all have our vices.
Mine just happens to be . I
planned to spend the rest of my life with, the people I considered my best
friend.. . Nothing mattered anymore.
I also began to isolate myself. in my bedroom, watching movies .
I watched them repeatedly every single day and cried with Helen and
Mary Anne. I got lost in my writing for days. I no longer wanted to
share my feelings with my friends or hear their advice and concerns, so I
ignored them. But they didn’t give up. They called and text
relentlessly. My friends and some other women I met via an online
support group were my support system. They looked beyond my flaws and
were there on those days when I was unable to function.
One thing I learned through this journey is that people suffering with
bipolar disorder feel emotions at an extreme level. My doctor explained
that when we feel happiness or sadness it is on a scale that most people
will never experience. This is both good and bad for obvious reasons. I wanted to stalk the social media; instead I chose to block . I
can’t focus on things that have come to pass. I have to focus on my
future and staying healthy.but just the three words !!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment