Soon it will be that time again. When the leaves of my life turn a
bright flaming yellow and wither away. Its been three years now, they have been never ending awaits. They will litter the road like
the unwanted urchins from the nearby slum. Have you seen them smile? I
wish I could smile like them so soon.
Soon it will be that day again. When a new colour flowed into my
imaginary painting. A transparent colour. A salty colour. A heavy colour of freedom
and lightness in dark. It washed my life in hues unknown before. Have you seen
this colour? I wish I could make it flow back to where it came from so soon.
Soon it will be that moment again. A moment frozen eternally in time,
with clarity par excellence. A moment that rebellion in
my heart. A moment of eternal peace for her. Have you felt such peace? I wish I
could say no to that so soon.
Soon it will be those sounds again. Sounds of hushed whispers and
strangled cries. Sounds of silence cutting down the sound of
the mobile. Sounds whose tone I cannot remember. Have you ever tried to
remember a forgotten voice? I wish I could remember it once more so soon.
Soon it will be that reason again. A reason to live life beyond any
other reason. A reason that makes me breathe, without question, every
second of the day. A reason that I surrender to, unconditionally. Have
you ever encountered such a reason? I wish I could be unreasonable with
this reason so soon.
Soon it will be that place again. That room, those walls, that floor,
that tube light, that refrigerator, that doorbell. A place, I love, for
every grain of weak cement that plasters those walls. A place with the
happiness that makes courage change into dreams. Have you ever been in
such a place? I wish I could return to that place so soon.
Her eyes. Hazel eyes. Eyes lit with dancing flames. Eyes which spoke
that which She could not bear to hear. Eyes which betrayed that which she
would never bring to her lips. And so it had been, every evening for
the past year, when She had walked .
That had been a year back. Now, as she walked beside her on
the concrete pavement, neither of them spoke. I just looked at her. She
tried not to hold her gaze for more than a few seconds. The air between us hung like an old curtain, with layers of dust making it too heavy
to blow in the gentle breeze. She opened his mouth to speak. She looked
up and tilted her head to a side, and she caught her pleading glance. She
struggled to keep the words inside. The
only sound she wanted to hear did not come.
I looked back. I caught her eyes, twinkling in the street light reflected from windows nearby. She turned away, for she could not bear to hear what we spoke.
Her eyes.
That had been a year back. Now, as she walked beside her on
the concrete pavement, neither of them spoke. I just looked at her. She
tried not to hold her gaze for more than a few seconds. The air between us hung like an old curtain, with layers of dust making it too heavy
to blow in the gentle breeze. She opened his mouth to speak. She looked
up and tilted her head to a side, and she caught her pleading glance. She
struggled to keep the words inside. The
only sound she wanted to hear did not come.I looked back. I caught her eyes, twinkling in the street light reflected from windows nearby. She turned away, for she could not bear to hear what we spoke.
Her eyes.
With Love NANU

No comments:
Post a Comment